Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gone

It must be that nothing left in the world is good

Then why do I smile?
Why is there a tickle in my stomach every time I see you?
Why is there so much joy in music?
Why is it that when I think of God I have to cry?

I have to morn
I have to die

Why do I think of you?
In your goodness
In your purity
In your intelligence
In your grace

All I know is it will never be

I am a tree without roots
A bird without wings
A sun with no sky
The mother with no tears
The lover with no passion
The wind without the rain

I am the one stuck forever in the turbulence of my mind

No one will ever come
No one can ever fix me
Not even myself

I will float away on a cloud
On the wings of a dove...not a dove but a sparrow
For sparrows are never recognized for their good or their beauty 

Invisible
Never wanted
Never watched


Rarely heard

Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment